*This recipe is our own and was altered from Sweet and Nutty Moroccan Couscous.*
My mom was looking for recipe ideas for Morocco so we can use for our geography co-op next year. We decided to give this one a try!
Let me just say, it is delicious!
Sweet and Nutty Moroccan Quinoa
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free
~3 cups of Vegetable Broth
~5 tablespoons unsalted butter
~1/3 cup cranberries
~1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
~1/3 cup golden raisins
~1 cup quinoa
~1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
~1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Pour 1 cup of vegetable broth into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the butter, apricots, cranberries, and raisins.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- While boiling, go ahead and cook the quinoa (2 cups vegetable broth, 1 cup quinoa).
- Remove from the heat and add in the cooked quinoa.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cinnamon and toasted almonds.
- Serve & Enjoy!!
Note: You can eat it just as it is, but it is also delicious over spinach or salad greens with a vinaigrette dressing.
Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think of it!
Do you like to cook?